Thinking about getting your real estate license? Start here and begin the process. Click on one of the options below and you’ll be on your way to a career in residential real estate sales.
All licensees due for renewal must complete 45 hours of continuing education and submit renewal applications to the Department of Real Estate. The DRE will accept renewal applications up to 90 days prior to required renewal dates.
EDUCATION AT YOUR FINGERTIPS...
- Email CCAR Education Coordinator >
- Call Education Coord: (925) 295-9210
- Email CCAR Member Services >
- Call Member Svcs: (925) 295-1270
- CA Dept. of Real Estate >
LICENSE RENEWAL COURSE OPTIONS:
Select from a variety of license renewal course options. All 45-hour CEC license renewal options satisfy NAR ethics training requirement if completed during the current triennial cycle.
2023 UPDATED 45 FREE CE MEMBER BENEFITS
C.A.R.’s INTERACTIVE Fair Housing CE course and a new Implicit Bias are now part of the FREE 45 hour CE packages for licenses expiring in 2023 and beyond!
Please note that:
- Licensees with a renewal date of January 1, 2023, or later, are required to take both an Implicit Bias and an Interactive Fair Housing course as part of their 45 hours of CE.
- If the licensee has completed their 45 hours in 2022 with the former CE package and old coursework but their license isn’t required to be renewed until 2023, they will still be required to take these two new courses even if they already have taken the 45 required hours. Complete this form to add the new courses to your CE package.
- Anyone with a license expiring prior to January 1, 2023 will be required to take these courses if renewal documentation is submitted late – on or after January 1, 2023.
- Under SB 1495 this requirement has been postponed for applicants for new licenses or original broker licenses. The Implicit Bias training requirement has not been postponed for renewals on or after January 1, 2023.
Free 45-Hour Online Course
Take C.A.R.’s FREE online continuing education license renewal course. This self-paced 45-hour course is ideal for busy professionals who want to break up their course hours and avoid paying a fee.
3-Hour REVEI Crash Course $85
REVEI offers a three-hour license renewal crash course. The class covers all pertinent information included in the 45-hour course curriculum and prepares you for the online exams in each of the required subjects.
This time-saving class comes with a no-pass, no-pay guarantee. Your $85 fee includes correspondence study materials that can be used with the final online open-book exams.
CA Department of Real Estate
Mon – Fri | 8 am – 5 pm
1 (877) 373-4542